Wednesday, August 26, 2009
First morning at home
Welcome to our family Kayl Hawkins Oglesby. Born Aug. 13th 2009 7:52am at Good Samaritan Hospital. Weight 7lbs 5oz and 19 3/4" long. What a difference in experiences from one birth to the next. Let me just say from my 2 experiences the only thing you can plan or predict about your delivery is that there will be a baby at the end. We went to the hospital wednesday night about 9pm. I was 2-3cm when we checked in and having pretty strong contractions every 3 minutes. The hospital could not get in touch with the Dr. on call (my Dr. was on vacation of course) so they could not admit me until they got a response. 2 hours later I am 7-8cm and I am begging for my epidural (which I had intended to get the minute I stepped off the elevator) she could not get a response from any of the Drs. in the practice so I officially was not admitted into the hospital. The nurse trying to help me was freaking out tripping over her own feet literally and apologizing that she couldn't do a thing for me and I am trying to grasp the fact that I just may have this baby in a glorified waiting room with no Dr. and worst of all no epidural. Finally, I get admitted and they give me the epidural hoping to slow down my delivery so they have time to get my meds administered before the baby appears. The Dr. on call shows up he isn't even scrubbed in and I push for 3 minutes and welcome Kayl. I don't know who the women was that delivered my baby but she was the only one scrubbed in. So far Kayl is one of the easiest babies alive! I don't know how we got so lucky (knock on wood) both boys were such easy babies! Keegan loves Kayl and puts his hand on the top of his head all the time as if he is blessing him. Enjoy the pictures and videos of Kayl's first week at home with the family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment